Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Round of applause...

Well, I am going to be an aunt again for the second time next month!! My little sister is having a boy and they are naming him Jack Henry.  =)

Of course Aunt Stacie volunteered to do the shower invitations and the baby announcements. I wanted to start the announcements when she told us all she was pregnant 8 mos or so ago. She said, do we really have to do that now?? LOL  I said, no, I guess not.  =)

Luckily my sister is much like me, she didn't want anything that had to do with traditional baby invitations for her shower -- no pastel colors, baby bottles, booties, etc. Thank goodness!!!!!!!! And because she and my brother-in-law are AVID Cardinals/baseball fans she wanted baseball themed invitations.

Awesome!! How fun is that????

The design of the card is based on the layout I have done several other times for wedding invitations. There is a base card and then a card that is mounted on top so it makes somewhat of a pocket to hold RSVP cards, envelopes, location cards, etc.





In this case, it held the RSVP card and the baby registry card.

I designed the piece with JACK on the base card and then stars, baseballs etc. The ball diamond tops the mounted card with the idea that the balls have been hit from the diamond out into the stars.

And I adapted the lyrics to the song "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to fit with Jack's name.



Anyway, I was unable to attend the shower since it was out of town , but my sister said there was a round of applause for my invitation design. I was so very excited to hear that the design was such a great success!!!!!!!!!

Baby Jack will be here soon!! Can't wait to get to work on his baby announcements!

No comments: